Little Bill, Little Bill
just came to save the day.
Little Bill, Little Bill
there is no other way,
but the chimney above.
So crawl up the chimney and into the house,
fore Alice the giant has frightened the mouse,
and the rabbit and the birds and all the animals left.
But be careful Little Bill,
fore this giant means death!
Go Little Bill, GO! Faster and Faster!
Don't let her become the animal master!
Down, Down! Almost there!
Oh wait Little Bill, not right there!
Hello? Hello? Are you there Little Bill?
Don't tell me you're stuck in that chimney still?!
"Rumble, Rumble" ... What was that?
I hope it's not Dinah the evil cat!
"BOOM!" Uh Oh, Little Bill. Is that you?
Flying across the sky so blue?
"Catch Me! Catch Me!" said Poor Little Bill.
Fore he was heading to land on the hill!
BOOM! ... POP! ... CRACK! goes Bill
upon the back of a snail named Jill.
"What happened in there?!" Everyone said.
"I got down the chimney, then she kicked me in the head!"
Enjoy;-)
I really enjoyed this poem, Veronica. It insightfully captures an important scene depicted in the book "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". I love the rhyme scheme and your use of repetition. It creates emphasis on the subject of the poem and his adventures.
ReplyDelete~Alyssa R.